Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Arkansas

My father left me a lot in Arkansas..Turns out it wont sell and the Suburban Improvement fee is very high. Can I walk away from the property without consequence or do I have other options?

Asked on 3/31/14, 6:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brandon Moffitt Moffitt & Phillips, PLLC

The answer is "it depends." Generally, fees are only recoverable against the property and are protected by liens. But, it could be a negative effect on you if you try to get a loan or something and the lien shows up in a search. You may have other options. Contact me directly and I would be happy to visit with you. 501-255-7406

Read more
Answered on 4/01/14, 10:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Arkansas