Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arkansas

my friends mom died about 12yrs ago. her dad remarried right away and his new wife threw away their moms belongings without giving the kids notice. over the years their estate has been refinanced and the dads will has been changed taking his birth childrens name off. The kids just found out their deceased mom has a will. their dad and aunt has kept it a secret but said a lawyer had it but didnt no who. The kids feel they are entitled to no what their moms last wishes were because as of now, they are being bullied by the stepmom out of everything their mom died for. She was killed while bush hogging their land. What do the kids need to do? Or is it to late?

Asked on 8/16/12, 2:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cale Block Niswanger Law Firm

There are a lot of moving parts to this question and I don't have enough details to give a thorough answer. The short version is that the kids should definitely contact an attorney. It is possible that the probate window has closed, but there may be other remedies available.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/12, 9:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arkansas