Legal Question in Social Security Law in California

social security benefits for a minor

What documents do I need to take to ss office. My nephew has been living with me his entire life. His mom died this month.

Asked on 11/26/08, 10:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Samuel Salazar Law Offices of Samuel L. Salazar

Re: social security benefits for a minor

First of all, I am very sorry for your loss. Please forgive my delay in responding. You need to take any documentation you have showing your relationship to your nephew. Even if you have none, take whatever identification you have for both of you. I do not know how old your nephew is, but take whatever identification he has. I do not know if there is a Court Order granting you guardianship or if you are the executor of her Estate. You will need her Death Certificat as that should have a lot of information that the Social Security Administration needs.

If you have any questions you may call my office directly at the address listed below:

Law Offices of Samuel L. Salazar

617 W. 7th St. Suite 402

Los Angeles, CA 90017

you may email me directly at: [email protected]

Thank you for your inquiry.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/08, 7:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in California