Legal Question in Administrative Law in California

My County Board of Supervisors have started voting approval on development projects that clearly break Placer County Land use law - in this case approving projects that violate Community Plans that for thirty years have not allowed the developments (no more than 4 housing units per acre is now up to 22 housing units per acre). The avenue of filing a Law Suit against them is not a solution at all - so the question is what can the citizens do legally and realistically to stop the BOS from land rape.

Asked on 4/04/13, 8:41 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Goff James R. Goff, Attorney at Law

Land development isssues are always political ones that can be addressed at the ballot box. Often those issues can be pinpointed through the filing of writs of administrative mandamus that focus on the failure to properly comply with land use development laws.

Read more
Answered on 4/05/13, 1:43 am

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

Times change-so do land use plans. Barring a suit to show they violated state or federal law they can change land zoning

Read more
Answered on 4/05/13, 9:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in California