Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in California

I recieved a speeding ticket last 4th of july, paid the ticket, and requested a court date because I believed I was not guilty. Several months later without getting anything in the mail about my court date, I called the court and they informed me my date was April 11th. However, the date was so far past the time I got the ticket, I eventually forgot about the date and missed court. I just got a letter today that says I owe them 1900 bucks and my license in under a hold until I do. How do I drop the charges?

Asked on 4/17/13, 10:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

YOU don't 'drop' the charges, that is not within your power, and the court is certainly not likely to do so either. You can go to the court, TRY to have the case put on calendar for you to see the judge, and you can then TRY to persuade the judge to hear the case then or set it for trial, or reduce the fines and penalties enough to get you to take that 'deal'.

Read more
Answered on 4/18/13, 12:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in California