Legal Question in Business Law in California

When migrating a Sole Proprietorship to an LLC, how best should one make the ownership transition "official" in order to obtain the liability protection of the LLC ?

Thanks, Frank Casanova

Asked on 4/15/13, 11:23 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Aaron Feldman Feldman Law Group

You must register with the Secretary of State. There are other business formalities you may need, such as Articles, Operating Agreement. You may need a fictitious name statement filed in your County. I recommend consulting with an attorney to review the specific facts regarding your business. I would be happy to schedule a consultation with you.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/13, 11:33 am

Jim Betinol Withrow and Betinol Law

Properly forming the LLC and meeting all the required documents for formation should be sufficient to accomplish your goal. It is difficult to name all the necessary documents without haven't had the chance to review your current business. Feel free to contact me or an attorney in your area to go through your business and assist you on the LLC formation.

Kind regards,

Jim Betinol

Read more
Answered on 4/15/13, 3:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California