Legal Question in Business Law in California

If you are opening an LLC out of state while currently living in california do you need to register this LLC with california at all or any kinda of foreign llc? The LLC will not be conducting business in california and will have no assets in california. Everything involving the business is out of state, just opening it now before I move out of state. Thank you in advance

Asked on 7/17/18, 2:21 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Eric Ridley Law Offices of Eric Ridley

Under these facts, you should not need to register as a foreign corporation in CA.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/18, 2:24 pm
Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

As an LLC, you wouldn't register as a "corporation" under any set of facts. Under the given facts, you won't need to register in California as an LLC. However, be sure you have an agent for service of process in the state in which the LLC is formed.

Read more
Answered on 7/19/18, 10:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California