Legal Question in Business Law in California

suing a business in small claim court

I have a dispute regarding a stop payment to a check from company X. If company X is headquartered in county A and has branch office in county B where I live and did business, can I still file my case in county B?

Who should I name as defendant: company X, its President, its Finance head, its Accounting head, anyone in management or any employee?


Asked on 2/07/06, 10:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carl Starrett Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II

Re: suing a business in small claim court

If you entered into the contract in County B, then that is an appropriate place to file the small claims action. Unless the business is a sole proprietorship, you would only name the company and not any of the officers.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/06, 10:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California