Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

I live in San Joaquin county, California. Can my boyfriend toss me out of the house if we been living together for four (4) years? I don't pay rent but I do take care ALL the house chores! Laundry, Cooking, Cleaning, Vacuuming, Scrubbing Floors, Changing the Beds, Dishes for days!!!! Each day I get up at 5 am and pack his lunch and get his coffee, get him off to work, see that his work clothes are clean and laid out, cook all dinners, and make 3 meals on the weekends. I water the lawns, weed the roses, and scrub the tubs, and shampoo the house rugs! I had just heard, he was going to put my stuff all out that a Lodi Ca Cop told him the laws changed and he can!

Asked on 9/01/13, 3:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Kubler The Kubler Law Firm

No. He is also technically your landlord. For this situation he has to give 60 days notice for you to vacate. If you want an explanation submit a paid question or contact me as its private.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 6:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California