Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

The man that I am in a relationship, his children's mother found out that I use marijuana in which I do have a medical lisence for to help me sleep. She is threatening me that she will go to my work in hopes to have me drug tested and fired from my job. I don't know what to do

Asked on 9/14/13, 6:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law

It really is none of her business. However, that is not your question. Your place of employment has every right to drug test you even with a medical marijuana card.

Nothing you really can do. I would like to say you could sue her for defamation if she causes you to lose your job but you really are smoking marijuana so that won't work.

My opinion is to talk to the man you are in a relationship with to plead with this nosey mother. He can always threaten that if she does this that he will cut her off from the children completely.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/13, 8:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California