Legal Question in Construction Law in California

A company owes me $12,000 for over two years.for a job I did for them. I hired them a year later on a separate job for $ 6,800. Is it legal for me to retain this sum until I have been paid uncontested monies they owe me.

Asked on 3/31/16, 7:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jerold M. Gorski Law Offices of Jerold M. Gorski

Perhaps since you state that the company does not contest that they owe you $12,000. What do the contracts state? If the 12k is "uncontested" what is your concern with the legality of the set-off? Why haven't they paid you the 12k yet and why have you waited to get paid?

Read more
Answered on 4/05/16, 6:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in California