Legal Question in Construction Law in California

I am a registered sales person for a contractor, however I

Am having trouble getting paid my referral fee/ commission .

Can I place a lien on his bond?

Asked on 5/27/14, 7:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

Possibly, but in my limited experience with trying to attack a contractor's bond, I think you would be expected to get a judgment first. Really, I'm not sure, but you might want to consider going to Small Claims Court to reduce your claim to judgment. This of course will not make the contractor extremely happy, but neither would placing a lien on the bond.

Read more
Answered on 5/27/14, 7:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in California