Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

I just need to know how to file a lawsuit in ca from tx

Asked on 10/10/14, 3:22 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Rausa D.J. Rausa, Attorney at Law

I would suggest hiring an attorney in California.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/14, 3:27 pm
Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

The short answer is: Take the paperwork to the court's filing window, pay the fee, and then serve the summons and complaint on the defendant. The longer answer is more complicated: How much money is at issue (to determine in which court to file), what is the nature of the claim, where does the defendant reside and, finally, what are the facts? There are forms available at the Judicial Council website, but those are very basic and might not be suitable for your claim. I suggest that you speak personally with a California attorney so that you will get a better handle on what you can do on your own.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/14, 3:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California