Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

I live in California. I purchase a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle) from Mercedes Benz last year in September. After several months, I discovered that the car is not a CPO (because I found out it had the wrong size front Rotors).

What are my options? can I return the car and get my money back? CPOs come with a hefty premium and I don't want to pay the premium and end up having to pay to fix certain things in the car.

Asked on 10/29/13, 10:30 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Carl Starrett Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II

It is difficult to comment on your question without seeing the contract, but I see a full refund as problematic becuase you've been using the car for over a year. However, that doesn't mean you don't have a remedy.

This sounds like something that can be resolved in small claims court if the dealer won't make it right. You'll probably need to have a mechanic testify that the rotors are not proper and you'll need to show the judge the portion of the contract that says correct rotors are need to make it a CPO.

If you convince the judge that is does meet the criteria for a CPO, the judge would likely awared you either the price difference or the cost of repair to make it a CPO. Or the judge may order the deal to make the necessary repairs.

Read more
Answered on 10/29/13, 11:20 am

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

Contact the Mercedes dealer and see what they will do.

Read more
Answered on 10/29/13, 10:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California