Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

We signed my daughter up for a club volleyball team in California. Due to the american VB Association tryouts, which are usually held in November, were held in September. We have paid a $950 deposit and the first two $300 payments, but club does not start until December. With my daughter's busy school schedule we have decided that she will not be able to play club. Are we obligated to continue paying (the full $3,450) for something that has not started? When my husband signed her up they did not give him a contract (I know he should have insisted). We do receive a computerized receipt when we pay, but even the receipts do not say what the money is being payed for.

Asked on 10/23/15, 7:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nicholas Spirtos Law Offices of Nicholas B. Spirtos

If you don't have a contract, it is hard to say what was agreed to. Ask the club. If you aren't going to participate, they probably won't make you pay.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/15, 8:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California