Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I was arrested in 1994 but was never charged with anything until 6 months later then was charged with a dui but was never given a sobrity test or nothing so in 2003 I finally got the charges dropped but come to find out el dorodo county has a hold on my drivers lisence saying I owe them 3,000 dollars but I never knew anything about any fine and I assumed that everything was dropped, what do I need to do to get my lisence back without having to pay that fine? I need my drivers lisence to get back and forth to my doctors cause of poor health. they told me it had gone to collections but wouldnt give me the name of the collection company and said for me to pay the entire fine to el dorodo county. how do I proceed with this?

Asked on 11/09/10, 8:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joe Marman Law Office of Joseph Marman

You need to make an arrangement with the court to come in and find out what is going on with your file. Or you cancall the DA, or go in to the court clerk at the criminal window desk and see what is in your file. Or you can hire me at $600 to go the court to find out for you.

Read more
Answered on 11/14/10, 9:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California