Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I had my check book stolen from my town home. Someone had written themselves a check and signed my name and cashed it. I filled for fraud with the bank and filled a police report. A month later the bank denied my claim and will not give me my money back that was stolen from me or the money that went in from direct deposit. Is there anyway I can get my money back.

Asked on 8/19/13, 12:12 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Carl Starrett Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II

If the bank won't return the money to your account, you'll need to file a lawsuit against them. If the amount is less than $10,000, you can take them to small claims courts.

Read more
Answered on 8/20/13, 8:13 am

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

Yes there is. Why did the bank deny giving you the money back. Perhaps a letter from an attorney will help.

818 345 0123

Read more
Answered on 8/20/13, 11:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California