Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I need to file an "Answer-Contract" Form PLD -C-010 with a Los Angeles court. Can I mail all the documents to the court? Or I have to take documents to the clerk's office? If I can mail them, whom should I address to? The 30-day response deadline will be on the date I mail the answer, not the date the court receives it, right? Thanks a lot!

Asked on 5/30/13, 4:57 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Yes you can mail it. The clerk's address is on the Summons you received. You should send an extra copy with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to receive a filed endorsed copy back as proof of filing. The deadline is the date the clerk RECEIVES the response, not the date of mailing. POSTMARK does NOT count for this.

Read more
Answered on 5/30/13, 5:09 pm

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

Sound like you waited to last minute... Take it in.

Read more
Answered on 5/30/13, 9:20 pm
Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

I agree. Go to the court and file it by hand. Make sure you know what hours the court clerk's office is open, so you are there on time.

Also, check to see if papers can can be filed by fax or E-mail. It's likely too late for that process in terms of your answer, but it may save you some aggravation in the future.

Read more
Answered on 5/30/13, 11:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California