Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

What is the form, or how do I ask, for discovery on my credit card history?

This is a limited civil case under $25K. The Plaintiff is a Calif. law office that says they represent the CC company. I am going to a case management conference in less than two week.

This CC was only one that would not work with me when I became young widow 9 years ago.

Asked on 5/13/13, 6:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steven Simons Law Office of Steven A. Simons

There are two schools of thought here - 1) Make them produce what they have so you can try and block what they bring to trial later; 2) don't ask and wait until just before trial so they do not have time to gather any documents. I am not sure you want to ask them for the documents since it would force them to go out and get the documents. But that is a decision you can make. If you really want to see what they have you can prepare a Request for Production pursuant California Code of Civil Procedure section 2031.010 et seq. Or you can wait until 30-45 days before trial and serve a demand pursuant to CCP section 96.

Good luck,


Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 8:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California