Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I have a judgement against me from Beneficial, I have attempted to settle with them, but I just don't have a large sum to pay all at once, I would like to get this paid without them going to my employer and garnish my wages, is there any way I can prevent them from doing this eventhough they have a judgement?

Asked on 8/28/09, 11:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Larry L. Doan Law Office of Larry L. Doan

No, there's no way of preventing them from doing this if they do not agree with your offered terms of settlement, unless you file bankruptcy. They have a judgment and has a right to garnish if you have regular wages coming in.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/09, 5:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California