Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I have a judgment against me for a credit card owed for $7,646.45. Today I got notice that are looking for someone to garnish my wages, but I got laid off in February and have not worked since. I can not afford to pay this, although tried to offer a settlement when I found out I was being sued for it. What do I do? Can I try to offer them small monthly payments at this time to get them off my back?

Asked on 8/27/09, 3:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Larry L. Doan Law Office of Larry L. Doan

Really, that's about all you can do is to offer to settle, or file bankruptcy.

Read more
Answered on 8/27/09, 3:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California