Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

is there a legal action that I can take against a company that reported me to collections from an account that is not mine?

Asked on 2/19/13, 6:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Possibly. Can you show you suffered quantifiable damages from it? Was it an honest mistake or due to confusion that you contributed to? In other words, it depends on a lot of factors that you have not told us about.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/13, 9:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California