Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I am a minor and have no criminal history or record whatsoever. Me and my friend werent planning on it but we ended up making the stupid decision to steal a few shirts from target, and we got away with it so we tried the same thing at kohls and they caught us so now I have to meet with a probation officer to determine what will happen to me. Do you know what the outcome will probably be?

Asked on 2/23/12, 11:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Gibbs The Gibbs Law Firm, APC

You need to consult with a criminal lawyer immediately. This isn't a credit, debt or collections law question - this is going to be a criminal matter, and you MUST have representation if you want to come out of this even remotely clean. You don't want this on your record.

*Due to the limitations of the LawGuru Forums, The Gibbs Law Firm, APC's (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. Further, information you provide to the Firm through this website is not confidential - it is available publicly to anyone visiting this website. The Firm shall have no obligation to keep the information you provide herein confidential in any context. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence. As required by 11 U.S.C. 528, we must now disclose that, "We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. Assistance we provide with respect to Debt Relief may involve bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code."

Read more
Answered on 3/01/12, 1:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California