Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

My mom found this case paperwork on her lawn, and I received a notice from a debt consolidation company with a case number I looked it up and this shows up: 3/11/2019 at 8:30 AM in department B at 12720 Norwalk Blvd., Norwalk, CA 90650

Order to Show Cause - Failure to File Proof of Service and Failure to File Default Judgment Pursuant to CRC 3.740

this is from a credit card debt I haven't been able to pay since I've been unemployed off and on for the last 2 years,

What do I do now?

Asked on 4/04/18, 8:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

Within 30 days after finding the paperwork on your mother's lawn, you should file an answer with the court. You can find a form answer at . You should add affirmative defenses that you might find through research. Alternatively, if you have other debts you might consider alternatives, including Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Read more
Answered on 4/05/18, 1:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California