Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

My previous employeer failed to pay me wages. I went to the labor board and was awarded a judgement. The business is a corporation and has now closed and the owners are filing chapter 7. They named my award as part of the chapter 7. I am looking for advice on how to continue going after what I am owed. Award value is $21K.

Asked on 6/05/13, 12:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Jordan Dunning Law Firm

If the partners file for C7 bankruptcy protection, you can file a claim for wage up to about $11k. If there are assets, you will have priority position to be paid.

You may also evaluate whether the debt was the product of fraud. If so, you can file an adversary proceeding to have your claim declared non-dischargeable.

Please feel free to call me to discuss these options further. My office number (925) 362-1725.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/13, 12:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California