Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

Vacate a judgement

I had a judgement that was renewed in 2004, and I tried to get it vacated then in 2004, but I sent the court the wrong form for small claims court, it should had been for civil court, can I try now to get this judgement vacated, or do I have to wait until 2014 to do it? thanks

Asked on 3/18/09, 12:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joshua Swigart Hyde & Swigart

Re: Vacate a judgement

You can try, but attempting to vacate a judgment after six months of its entry is extremely difficult. You have to have a really good reason.

Read more
Answered on 3/18/09, 12:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California