Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I was arrested for public nudity in san diego (56.53c mp). I was under the influence of bath salts (mistakenly taken) and I was in a psychotic state. I thought people were after me and had been trying to strangle myself with my t-shirt. I didn't even realize I had lost my sweat pants. Am I in a lot of trouble? I am going into drug treatment at the VA hospital...again, and will be done with an inpatient hospital program, and beginning a long-term (1 year) veterans recovery home afterwards. I have no money to pay for an attorney for this. I am a disabled veteran and was just wondering what the "most likely" consequences will be...especially since it is drug related.

Asked on 6/23/13, 1:32 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

If you can't afford an attorney you should ask the court to appoint you a public defender at arraignment. Don't go into a public forum like lawguru and float various contrived defenses to see how they work out.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/13, 5:43 pm

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

First you should get a public defender. They will be familiar with this type of situation and what the local DA normally does given your situation and any priors yo may have.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/13, 9:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California