Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

My boyfriend of 2 years and I got together while I was 16, I just turned 18 but there is a restraining order in effect until I am 19. The police had told me it was okay to talk to and be with him once I was 18 because they wouldn't really do anything because it was only placed because I was a minor. He has since moved, if I were to go see him and my family decided to call the police would the police do anything since I am 18, even though the restraining order is in effect until I am 19?

Asked on 8/27/15, 6:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

You are now an adult. Go to court and ask that restraining order to dissolved. Waiting a few months to set a court hearing is better than him going to jail.

Read more
Answered on 8/27/15, 10:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California