Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

After conviction, is there a way that the victim can help lower prison time ? Or even retract any if not all charges?

Asked on 6/28/13, 1:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

The victim is entitled to give a 'statement' to the judge after your conviction and before sentencing. He can explain and ask for leniency for you. No assurances of outcome you'll like. The charges are already 'finalized' with the conviction. Your defenses and sympathies were supposed to be raised in plea bargaining and trial, not after.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 1:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California