Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I am in dire straights....need help the late 70,s I had some cases in Sacramento California....I plea bargained and was convicted...served a short amount of time thought it was over.....turned my life around...I work in the oilfield in Alaska and reside in Ohio....I am about to lose my great job over a court issue ....went to get HazMat endorsement on my drivers license and TSA found California left a charge showing that until they remove it I am unable to get my endorsement.....they realize this is almost 40 years ago and I don't have a criminal's all over and done with many years ago.....I need help fast to get the Clerk of Courts to remove this....I literally have only a couple of weeks at best to get this done....c no one at the court house seems to know what to do or willing to help....DESPERATE HERE.....I am about to lose everything if I cant get this done..... It shouldn't be that hard....TSA just needs a paper from the courts saying its over/ done with...TSA told me California and Texas do this a lot ....leaving something open/on the books to use in case of future arrests.....HELP HELP HELP.....DESPERATE...!!!!!!

Asked on 6/29/17, 4:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

You will probably need to hire a local attorney to appear in court for you and TRY to sort it out. A judge is going to have to make a ruling and order after seeing the case and facts. Provide everything you can to the local attorney. Maybe someone here will offer, but you can contact by phone the local Lawyer Referral Service in that county for names to call, or use one of the on line services to get a name.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/17, 8:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California