Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I am a golfer. I was at my local club when a man approached me and said he was quitting the game. He wondered if I might be interested in purchasing his old clubs. I took a look and saw a club or two i wanted. He offered me the whole set at $50. it seemed strange but i wanted the clubs. I did not want the whole set, so i decided i could sell the rest at Play It Again sports. I went there to appraise the clubs and the manager came out and threatened to call the police because the clubs were reported stolen. I am on court probation for a DUI, so i panicked and walked out, leaving the clubs. They took a copy of my ID when they did the appraisal. How can i protect myself? Im not sure if they filed charges or not. Should i contact the store and explain?

Asked on 7/21/16, 2:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David M. Wallin Law Offices OF David M. Wallin

You should contact an attorney at once. As a Former DA, I have seen these types of cases for 31 years, and the DA charges 496 PC ( receiving stolen property). If you want to discuss the matter with me over the phone, call me at 661-267-1313. I wish you well. David Wallin

Read more
Answered on 7/21/16, 2:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California