Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I have a new neighbor who I can not tolerate after them constantly at my window talking to me. How do I file?

Asked on 5/26/19, 1:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

"File"? As in lawsuit? For talking? You don't. It is not a 'case' you could win or even avoid being tossed out of court. You have stated no sufficient grounds for legal action, unless they are breaching the peace by seriously 'harassing' you with offensive noise, insults, threats or actions. You should try to make and keep the peace and explain your issue and desire not to be bothered. Or you could close the drapes for privacy when they come, and ignore them if all they are doing is trying to talk to you.

Read more
Answered on 5/27/19, 12:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California