Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

My sons ex-girlfriend has put a restraining order on him but just showed up at our home (his also) trying to start a fight. Is there something we can do legally to prevent her from bothering him and us?

Asked on 5/18/13, 2:48 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

You can try to get a restraining order against her. But I must warn you that when judges go to judging school they are taught not to give cross restraining orders. However since her restraining order is only against your son you may be able to talk a judge into giving the rest of your family a restraining order. But I would put your son's name also on the request.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/13, 11:51 pm

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I agree with Mr. Shapiro. This question would be better placed in the family law category.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 9:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California