Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

State of california, I have an outstanding bench warrant from Nov of 2011. I have found out it was from not paying the remaining $300 on fees for a DUI I pled guilty to in Jan of 2011. How would I go about clearing this warrant? I wasnt aware the remaining fees weren't paid, didn't know that there was a warrant even issued until a background check for my job was done.

Asked on 7/22/13, 7:46 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

You or your lawyer will have to go to the courthouse and put yourself on calendar.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 8:36 pm

Philip Hache Law Office of Philip D. Hache, A Professional Corporation

You or your attorney needs to go to court, likely first thing in the morning when the court opens, but that can depend on the particular court your matter is in; Add yourself to the court calendar, and recall and quash the warrant and address the outstanding fine situation. If you had an attorney handle the underlying matter, you may want to call them to discuss the situation further. If not, you may want to call a local DUI attorney who is familiar with the Judge that your matter is going to be in front of. Some Judges handle these matters differently than others (as far as dealing with probation violations). Sounds like there may have been legitimate confusion here, and you paid most of the fine off on time, which is certainly helpful. If your case is in los angeles county, feel free to contact me through to discuss your matter further.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 9:59 pm
Joe Dane Law Office of Joe Dane

Please seen answer to your duplicate question.

You (or your lawyer) must appear in front of the judge to get it recalled.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 7:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California