Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

how do i sue the municipal court

i had a court date, the police officer got an extension for a later date. the court overlooked the extension and issued a warrant, i was arrested for it and jailed. the warrant should not have been issued. now the original ticket is going to trial. how would i go about enditing the court on false arrest/ or warrant, in other words how do i sue the court?

Asked on 7/02/03, 3:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

Re: how do i sue the municipal court

You don't. It sounds like the court made a simple mistake and, regardless of how seriously that mistake impacted you, the court and the judge are immune from suit under such circumstances.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/03, 4:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California