Legal Question in Discrimination Law in California

sick leave

I am currently ill and my employer incists that i come to work. I have a valid doctors note that he has reveived from myself. What should i do about this situation. Should i contact my human resources department. I do not want to make my situation worse, but i do not know how to handle this.

Asked on 3/22/01, 6:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Kirschbaum Law Offices of Michael R. Kirschbaum

Re: sick leave

Depending upon the size of the company, how long you have worked for the company and how many hours you have put in during the past year, you may be eligible for medical leave under the medical family leave laws. But you must contact H.R. and request medical leave. You also must produce a doctor's note, upon request. If H.R. says you are not eligible, check with a local labor law attorney or the Dept. of Fair Employment and Housing, just to be sure they are correct.

Read more
Answered on 5/29/01, 12:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in California