Legal Question in DUI Law in California

I have been trying to join the military for the past few months and I have been charged with a DUI in between then and the time i ship off. The Government is telling me I have to get the charges dismissed in order to join. How can I do that or what can I do to appease the courts and join the Army asap?

Asked on 6/20/10, 9:25 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

Tell the judge that if he doesn't dismiss the charge, you'll be driving on our local streets.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/10, 3:44 pm

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Just like any other defendant, you negotiate with the DA and judge. It can be done, but it's not guaranteed. If in SoCal, and if serious about hiring counsel to represent you, feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/10, 10:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California