Legal Question in Education Law in California

My daughters school is dropping her from their roster because they did a home check and determined that she is no longer residing at the address they have on file. Hiw do I prove residency? They already have our lease on file but are saying they did an investigation and could not validate, what should I do?

Asked on 11/03/20, 9:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Harrell W. Andrew Harrell, Attorney at Law

First, as for all of the documentation concerning the so-called "home check." You are entitled to it under California's version of freedom of information. Second, if you have records of utility payments, tax payments, internet/telephone payments, etc., that are associated with the address for your residency, then you have proof of residency. Educational institutions in California seem to have a vague and arbitrary definition of "residency."

Read more
Answered on 11/03/20, 9:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in California