Legal Question in Elder Law in California

I have an ailing elderly father who is considering entering an assisted living facility. Can I make my brother, who is wealthy, contribute towards the expenses of my father's care?

Asked on 9/14/23, 1:50 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

No, you cannot.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/23, 9:54 am
Timothy McCormick Schneider, Holtz & Hutchison

Mr. Bryan is correct. Parents can be made to contribute to their minor children's expenses, but not their adult children, and children can never be legally forced to contribute to their parents' expenses.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/23, 8:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California