Legal Question in Elder Law in California

My brother had a woman living with him and my elderly mother. My brother recently passed away. The girlfriend took his bank card and has taken around $1500 from his account. She also took my mother's bank card and taken approx. $3000 from her account. My mother is in a wheelchair and is 87 years old. My mother has been staying with me since my brothers death and was unaware that this girl had her bank card. This girl has also taken everything out of my mother's house that they lived in. She rented a storage facility and paid for it using my mothers bank card. Please help is there anything I can do? we live in California.

Asked on 9/24/17, 9:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gerald Dorfman Dorfman Law Office

You should immediately report this, to your local county agency and the police. See:

Read more
Answered on 9/24/17, 9:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California