Legal Question in Entertainment Law in California

personal management agreement

I represent entertainment clients and need a personal manager's agreement. I expect the entertainers to work in California, Georgia, and hopefully the world over. Will one agreement cover all of these areas? Could you offer leads on credible entertainment attorneys who can construct the agreement? I would prefer someone in the Atlanta, Georgia area but I would consider other attorneys.

Asked on 8/04/03, 5:27 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Yaphett Powell Vubiquity, Inc.

Re: personal management agreement


Yes. We can construct a personal management agreement that covers the world as its territory. We can also include all aspects (music, film, television) of your entertainers' careers in one agreement, if you so wish. I just finished negotiating a similar management agreement last week for an entertainer who does both music (latin fusion) and film/tv (ER, Disney).

My firm is based in Los Angeles, but we have strong connections and clients in Atlanta and the Southeast. I myself, am originally from Atlanta and one of my associates attended Emory University for law school. Please let me know how we can help you further.

You can view our information at

Yaphett K. Powell, Esq. & Associates


Read more
Answered on 8/04/03, 5:40 pm
Wayne Wisong Wayne Wisong, Attorney at Law

Re: personal management agreement

If I understand the facts correctly, she has no right to charge you

rent because she quitclaimed to her ex-husband as part of the divorce

and he owns the property now. Consequently, she would have no right

to demand money from you for the use of his property. All

arrangements would be between you and her ex-. Feel free to e-mail me

at [email protected] as you may want to be sure all understandings

are correct here.


Read more
Answered on 8/04/03, 5:43 pm
Wayne Wisong Wayne Wisong, Attorney at Law

Re: personal management agreement

Please disregard the answer I just sent you. It was the result of a computer error and was not meant to be sent to you.

Read more
Answered on 8/04/03, 5:46 pm

Re: personal management agreement

California entertainment contracts are the "gold standard", and should work anywhere, with only slight modification.

I would be happy to prepare the agreements for you. I teach intellectual property and am the chair of the ip section of the local bar association.

Read more
Answered on 8/04/03, 5:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in California