Legal Question in Family Law in California

Can I get an annulment if my husband showed up on drugs to pick up my son, and I was unaware he was using drugs or planned to use drugs.

Asked on 4/26/16, 9:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

No, the grounds for annulment are very limited. Annulment generally only applies to marriages that were void from the outset, such as due to one of the spouses still being married to someone else, or one of the spouses lacking the mental capacity to consent to marry. You can file for divorce for that reason, or any reason actually, since California doesn't require any reason other than "irreconcilable differences" to get a divorce.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/16, 7:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California