Legal Question in Family Law in California

My ex boyfriend put a restraining order on me without served me I want to fight this how can I ask for a court hearing

Asked on 2/23/16, 9:36 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Get a copy of the temporary restraining order. It will have a date that a hearing on a permanent order is scheduled.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/16, 10:04 pm
Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

If the order was granted without your attendance at the hearing, you would need to file a new motion to set aside the existing orders. This is a complicated area of the law. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/16, 10:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California