Legal Question in Family Law in California

I filed for upward modification, I have my daughter 100 percent and he only see my daughter 5 times in her 14 years, he was order to pay 180 dollars and I tried to modify the order on 2010 but he always lied in regards his income now I have proof and modify the order. Do you think my daughter will be entire for more income. His income is 4,000 monthly?

Asked on 2/23/16, 11:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

The answer all depends upon the kind of proof that you believe that you have on your exes income. If you can establish that he's making money or ,for that matter ,has the ability to work and is not working, the court can impute income to him. This is a complicated area of the law. You would best be served by retaining the services of an experienced family law attorney.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/16, 10:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California