Legal Question in Family Law in California

Hi I'm a California resident and I've been married for ten years., and we have a child together.My husband he works under the table and spends thousands of dollars monthly gambling at the casino. I am wondering if I divorce him could I use his win\loss statement from the casino to prove some kinda of income on his part? We don't own our own home, and in the past three years he's won loads taxables, in one year alone he spent a quarter million according to casino statments, but other then these yearly activity staments and taxable winning my husband doesn't claum any income would I just be screwed if we divorced? Also the guy hasn't paid his taxes since 2010 and sincce he's won sooo many taxales the irs keeps sending him letters demanding he file. Which he hasn't.

Asked on 4/13/13, 2:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

You have a whole lot of issues and problems that are about to bite you. You need to talk to a family law attorney in person. You are going to need a lot of help to keep from being liable for the taxes and penalties.

Read more
Answered on 4/14/13, 4:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California