Legal Question in Family Law in California

In regards to child support.

They are garnishing my checks for 621.00 month for one child. However, I feel like that's too much for me to pay. My question is: Due to me having signed and faxed an agreement with cold support to pay100.00 month for the next six months and this is only the 3rd month of which I'm current with that contact, child support just started garnishing my check for the full amount 621.00 isn't that a breach of contract and what can I do to stop this.

Asked on 9/16/13, 6:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Miller Law Office of James L. Miller

Did you sign an agreement with DCSS? If so it would be a stipulation and not necessarily a contract. You also have to realize a new wage garnishment will have to be issued and by the time it works its way through DCSS and your job it could take a couple of months.

If your agreement is with DCSS that's who you need to contact.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/13, 2:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California