Legal Question in Family Law in California

ok cps showed up the other day and said they had a referral of high traffic and drug use in the home. I the father was home when the case worker arrived as my wife was still at work. so i invited the worker to have a seat with me on the front porch and said i was happy to answer any questions she might have.(by the way We were just walking out the door to go to the park Youngest 2 daughters and I) I asked my girls to play in there room for a min while we talked and yes they were still within my site. she only asked me a few simple questions then started talking about food and the house so I invited her in. the house was clean the girls were of course dressed and clean I had no concerns in my mind at all. until I started reading all these posts. wife came home 30 min later they had there interview much more in depth than mine. the worker then spoke with my in-laws one at a time. (we rent half the home from them separate entrance bathroom and living space other than the kitchen.) the only concern she said she had (caseworker) was that when she went to our boys school earlier that day and interviewed them individually. they each in turn mentioned my father in-laws drinking and verbal abuse of my mother in law. and that was all. at the end she requested that my wife submit a test the next day and that she would receive a call with a location. my wife informed the worker that she had no problem with the test but she would not be home from work until 5 pm so please work around that. they did not call my wifes cell we later found a message on the home phone in from the early afternoon of that day . there was no way had she gotten the message that she could have made the appointment anyway so what now?

Asked on 10/27/13, 3:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

You need to speak in person with an attorney who handles these types of cases. That attorney is going to want to know if your children have been detained and removed from the home, and whether you have prior involvement with DCFS or law enforcement.

Read more
Answered on 10/28/13, 6:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California