Legal Question in Family Law in California

I just discovered I have a 30 year old daughter. Another man was listed on the birth certificate as the father. am I financially responsible for any past child support.

Asked on 11/05/11, 12:18 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Not unless there is more to it than that, such as a past order for support.

Read more
Answered on 11/05/11, 12:22 pm

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I agree with Mr. McCormick. In order for you to be responsible, there would have had to have been a paternity action filed, with a support order in place, years ago. But that should not affect your decision to have a relationship with your daughter now.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/11, 4:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California