Legal Question in Family Law in California

I need a family law attorney My child suppoort and alimony were calculated incorreclty. I was told for 4 kids he would only have to pay me 500.00 per month and my alimony would only be 13.00 a month for 17 years of marriage. I looked it up on the calculator and it looks like he might need to pay me 1515 per month child support and over 15,000 yearly for spousal. Since I was told it would only be 13.00 he said he would not sign the papers unless I gave up my 13.00 a month. Since it was such a small amount I agreed I did not understand I was giving it up permanently And I was given the wrong amount to start with from the mediator we hired to represent us. I need to fix this all and then go after her firm for liability and damages. Looking for a sharp attorney that can handle this without breaking my bank in fees.

Asked on 7/02/17, 3:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

A lot more information is needed on the circumstances of the settlement. You really need to meet with an experienced family law attorney in your jurisdiction to sort this out as soon as possible.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/17, 5:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California