Legal Question in Family Law in California

my husband left me yesterday after i found out that he was cheating and he took both vehicles. they are both in his name but he used my ssi and sdi money to help pay for them. is there anything that i can do?

Asked on 8/04/10, 10:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Jensen Law Office of Matthew J. Jensen

You have a community interest in the vehicles (although you haven't provided enough information to determine the extent of your ownership interest in them). When your divorce is finalized, you may be able to get one (or both) of the vehicles back or your husband will have to buy out your interest in the vehicles. In the meantime, you could seek a court order giving you use of one of the vehicles while the divorce is pending.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/10, 11:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California